Taking a look to economize in your Hawaiian holiday? Glance no additional than Costco to save lots of loads on the whole thing from leisure to meals!
Becoming that our first put up from our shuttle to Kauai has to do with Costco. 😉 It’s no secret that we adore Costco (Now we have about 7 posts about Costco! You’ll learn all of them on the backside of this put up and our hottest – our Costco buying groceries listing right here.). We store there weekly (now and again bi-weekly!) at house and all the time scope one out once we are touring so we will be able to fill up on meals! After visiting Costco in Kauai one time I used to be 100% set on sharing what a fantastic gem that is to have at the island. We have been in Kauai for 10 days and we went to Costco thrice.
Everybody all the time talks about how pricey it’s to holiday in Hawaii however I simply don’t trust that. It CAN be very pricey however now not if you perform a little little bit of making plans forward of time. Right here we’re going to proportion easy methods to save at Costco however quickly we can additionally proportion easy methods to save on airplane tickets, accommodation, and so on.
We landed in Kauai past due on a Monday night time and went to Costco once they opened the next day to come. We stocked up on reward playing cards, meat, produce, and snacks. It used to be a laugh seeing what merchandise that they had and evaluating them to what we now have at house. We spotted the costs weren’t that a lot upper than at house, and in truth, some costs have been even decrease (I’m taking a look at you cauliflower pizza)!
Let me get started out by means of announcing that in the event you don’t have already got a Costco club you must get one whilst at the island or previous to getting there. It is going to surely be price your cash!
Earlier than I am getting into the listing, I need to give an explanation for a couple of issues that in reality stood out:
- Do you know you’ll e-book all your shuttle via Costco? They’ve very good costs and wonderful add-on offers for all budgets!
- RENTAL CARS. I will be able to’t tension this sufficient. We booked our condo automobile via Costco and ended up getting one more cost effective (and for extra days) than our neighbors we have been in Hawaii with. You’ll e-book a condo automobile and cancel up till you shuttle so if the associated fee is going down all it’s important to do is re-book and cancel the prior condo. IT’S AMAZING.
- Costco gasoline used to be 60 cents inexpensive consistent with gallon than each and every different gasoline station within the house. Plus, it’s proper by means of the airport so you’ll replenish temporarily prior to returning your condo automobile. FYI – The Costco gasoline station is a little bit bit additional down the street, it isn’t proper with the traditional warehouse love it is at the entire different Costco gasoline stations we’ve been to.
- We purchase reward playing cards for such things as airport parking at house however the Kauai Costco had Holo Holo Charters (boat excursions) reward playing cards for $79.99 and the cardboard price used to be $100 (rapid financial savings of $20!). We additionally discovered a chit for $15 off consistent with particular person however Holo Holo would now not honor that at the side of the reward card, which used to be disappointing since generally reward playing cards are commemorated the similar as money (i.e. generally you’ll use coupons with reward playing cards). However both means, it’s nonetheless an excellent deal!
- With a purpose to get the most productive deal for 2 folks, we purchased three packs of reward playing cards for $239.97 and had a stability of round $40 to nonetheless pay once we arrived for the boat excursion. We stored $60 simply by buying this one merchandise at Costco. We did the Five-hour snorkel sail excursion. It is important to value out the excursion you wish to have to do and get the right kind quantity of reward playing cards. I do consider they promote them on-line (right here) as neatly.
- In addition they had some reward card choices to native eating places so make sure you browse the ones!
- I forgot to pack lengthy sleeve shirts or a mild jacket and didn’t need to spend $30 on a t-shirt I’d by no means put on once more so I purchased a pack of lengthy sleeve shirts (integrated one black and one white) for $14.99 and I will be able to in truth put on them once more. I’m beautiful certain I wore one every day we have been there!
- Scott additionally purchased RVCA swim trunks and a t-shirt for part the associated fee that we noticed them in every other retailer.
HAWAII RELATED ITEMS
- Opposite to what you spot within the motion pictures they don’t greet you with a lei whilst you come off the plane (I do know, cue the unhappy song). By no means concern regardless that, Costco has leis! We were given a pack of 2 for $nine.99. We noticed them different puts at $25 for ONE. The leis have been native too!
- We purchased two Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Present Units for $21.99 every which integrated 6 particular person cans. After we were given to the airport we noticed the similar form of reward set with most effective three particular person cans for $23.99. If you buy this reward set BEFORE you get to the airport you lower your expenses whilst getting two times as a lot. Sure, you’ll take meals via safety.
- The cooler. This one nonetheless annoys me. For some reason why once we have been at Costco the primary two occasions I didn’t take into consideration getting a cooler there. We ended up purchasing a styrofoam one at a grocery retailer for $16 (that we simply left on the condominium). Once we stopped by means of Costco on our solution to the airport I noticed the lovable Hawaiian themed cooler baggage for $7.49! I bought one to make use of at house however I’m nonetheless frustrated about losing $16 on a styrofoam cooler. We needed to have one as a result of we break up our time at the island between Poipu and Princeville and sought after to switch the pieces from our fridge and freezer.
- We bought our reef-safe sunscreen on Amazon previous to Hawaii however must have waited and purchased it at Costco! They’d a combo pack of rub in and spray on sunscreen for not up to $15! Caution: Reef-safe sunscreen is VERY exhausting to rub in. Use very small quantities at a time. 😉 It’s irritating however the reefs will thanks.
- This can be a a laugh one. And most probably my favourite concept whilst at the island. Even if we didn’t wish to do it, I do know lots of you’ll most probably get advantages! Costco had Tommy Bahama seaside chairs for not up to $35. Whilst it’s going to sound foolish to shop for seaside chairs and an umbrella when you’ll’t take them house it’s in truth inexpensive than renting them at the seashores. Probably the most seashores we have been at rented them for $12 consistent with day. Purchase the chairs, go away them for any person else to make use of the place you’re staying and lower your expenses within the procedure. Similar is going for the umbrella!
- Certainly, we stored loads by means of buying groceries at Costco. We purchased meat, produce, snacks, and so on. We grilled on the condominium a couple of nights and likewise ate breakfast and/or lunch every day on the condominium. We have been there with every other couple and fed 4 folks for $30 as an alternative of $30(+) consistent with particular person going out to consume. We did experience a couple of eating places there nevertheless it’s now not important to consume out each and every unmarried night time.
Now, right here’s the easy-to-read listing with out all of my rambling. I’ve integrated costs at the pieces that I had a receipt for or the ones pieces that I remembered the costs. The costs indexed are present as of September 11, 2018, however can alternate at any time.
- Accommodation (Costco Commute)
- Condo Automotive (Costco Commute)
- Present Playing cards
- Leisure (boat excursions, and so on) – Holo Holo Present Playing cards $79.99 for a price of $100
- Eating places
- RVCA Swim Shorts $26.99
- RVCA Blouse $12.99
- Lengthy Sleeve Tees (pack of two) $14.99
- Turn Flops
- Hawaii Comparable Pieces
- Leis (pack of two) $nine.99
- Guidebook $13.49 (we ordered ours on Amazon for $15.91)
- Hawaiian Shirts $19.99
- Macadamia Nut Different Present Set (6 cans) $21.99
- Kauai Espresso
- Sarong $eight.99
- Cushy Cooler (Hawaiian theme) $7.49
- Seashore Pieces
- Reef Secure Sunscreen $13.99
- Common Sunscreen
- Seashore Towels
- Tommy Bahama Chairs $32.99
- Tommy Bahama Umbrellas
- Flooring Bison (2 lbs) $19.99
- Most sensible Sirloin Steaks $26.66
- Wild Stuck Salmon $nine.99 consistent with pound
- Turkey (deli meat) $15.95
- Snap Peas $four.99
- Natural Spring Combine $four.99
- Combined Peppers $eight.99
- Purple Seedless Grapes $eight.99
- Natural Strawberries (1 lb) $Five.99
- Kombucha $12.99 (6 bottles – now not together with $three off whilst we have been there)
- Natural Inexperienced Juice (6 bottles) $11.99
- Pirates Booty $6.59 (now not together with $2 off whilst we have been there)
- Cheese Selection Pack
- Misc Meals
- Eggs $7.69
- Cauliflower Pizza (2) $12.99
- Natural Quinoa Brown Rice Aggregate $10.99
- Entire Wheat Tortillas $7.99
- Kirkland Logo Vodka $12.99
- Large Swell Beer $eight.49
The Costco in Kauai is positioned at 4300 Nuhou St, Lihue, HI 96766 and their telephone quantity is (808) 241-4000.
Are you a Costco lover too?! Take a look at our further Costco comparable content material:
fbq(‘init’, ‘554695734678903’, );