Desire a fast, comforting and veggie-packed dinner?
Our pals at Riverford have come to the rescue with this seasonal recipe for Cauliflower & Quinoa Paella with Roast Peppers & Almonds.
In a position in simply 30 mins and vegan-friendly, it options nutty cauliflower and colourful vitamin-rich pink peppers. The easiest supper for a cold January night!
for 2 servings You’ll want:
2 pink peppers
30g flaked almonds
1 shallot, peeled and chopped
1 cauliflower, damaged into florets
½ tablespoon smoked paprika
1 pinch of saffron
1 bay leaf
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
100ml white wine
Small bunch of parsley
Tips on how to:
- Preheat your oven to 220˚C/Fuel 7.
- Slice the peppers into huge lobes. Rub evenly with oil and position skin-side up on a roasting tray. Switch to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, till the surface has blistered.
- In the meantime, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan for 2-Three minutes, till golden. Switch to a plate.
- Upload the shallot and cauliflower to a frying pan with 2 tbsp oil. Fry for Three-Four minutes till they each begin to tackle a little bit color.
- Upload the quinoa to the frying pan with the paprika, saffron, bay and garlic. Fry for 1 min. Upload the passata and white wine. Let the wine bubble away for 1 extra min.
- Tip within the inventory. Simmer gently for 12-15 minutes, till the whole lot is mushy. Upload a touch extra water if it seems like drying out.
- Whilst the paella chefs, finely zest the lemon. Finely chop the parsley with the lemon zest, including a pinch of salt as you accomplish that. Kind of chop the almonds.
- When the peppers are cooked, take away them from the oven and go away to chill for five minutes. Draw back the burned skins. Slice the flesh into strips.
- Stir the peppers into the paella, with a squeeze of lemon juice. Style and alter with salt, pepper and extra lemon juice as wanted.
- Divide the paella between 2 plates. Garnish with chopped parsley, lemon zest, almonds and a wedge of lemon.