On behalf of our glorious judges, I’m commemorated to introduce the 2018 awardees of HIMSS’s Maximum Influential Girls in Well being IT. This 12 months, out of greater than 100 worthy packages won, the judges selected 4 remarkable awardees. Each and every, in her personal proper, exemplifies the intent of our award:
• Ongoing dedication to harnessing the facility of data and era to definitely change into well being and healthcare;
• Energetic management in beef up of strategic projects of her group;
• Advancing the most efficient use of I&T inside of communities and well being settings;
• Pondering outdoor of the field; and,
• Serving as a mentor to the following era.
Each and every of our awardees represents the perfect requirements of management and is revered and identified as a job type to friends within the box. Whilst their multi-page packages come with a large number of accomplishments and demonstrations of affect, house in my weblog lets in best the briefest of highlights for each and every of those outstanding girls. It’s my honor to introduce you to this 12 months’s awardees, and my hope that you simply sign up for us for one, or all, of our upcoming networking alternatives:
• Friday, Jan. 26: a complimentary Girls in Well being IT Roundtable webinar at 11 a.m. ET
• Wednesday, March 7 at HIMSS18: our Girls’s Reception
• Thursday, March eight at HIMSS18: our Awards Gala
Ann O’Brien is a identified concept chief in nursing informatics and scientific transformation. As Senior Director of Medical Informatics at Kaiser Permanente, Ann enthusiastic about participating with scientific and IT leaders on clever standardization and strategic optimization leading to enhancements in high quality results and clinician potency.
Ann is a tireless champion of nurses, mentoring many rising scientific informaticists. She additionally
- Partnered with the VA at the building of a Nursing Knowledge Fashion Procedure.
- Participates within the Nursing Wisdom Large Information Science Collaborative with a powerful dedication for reworking nursing documentation.
- Is designated via Fashionable Healthcare as a Most sensible 25 Medical Informaticist.
- Served at the Nationwide High quality Discussion board’s Affected person Protection Guidance Committee.
Ann is Robert Wooden Johnson Govt Nurse Fellow and a Fellow in HIMSS. Her interest is leveraging predictive analytics and inter-professional teaming to succeed in proof primarily based, customized care around the continuum.
Judy Murphy is Leader Nursing Officer (CNO) at IBM International Healthcare, and a member of IBM’s Business Academy. She has a long-standing recognition of affected person advocacy and keeping up a “patient-centric” viewpoint, and approaches her paintings with unyielding power in addition to interest and dedication to the healthcare transformation enabled via era.
Judy in the past served as CNO and Deputy Nationwide Coordinator for Systems and Coverage on the Place of job of the Nationwide Coordinator. She additionally participated within the
- Nationwide Committee on Essential and Well being Statistics (NCVHS),
- Well being IT Coverage Committee, and
- Well being IT Requirements Committee.
Judy is a Fellow within the American Academy of Nursing, American School of Clinical Informatics and HIMSS. She’s been a high-profile mentor for lots of, encouraging and supporting girls right through her profession.
As an energetic member of the ladies’s neighborhood, Jessica Kahn has been identified for her nationwide management, willingness to collaborate, and steadfast beef up for well being IT adoption around the nation. She used to be just lately identified via Fierce Healthcare as considered one of 8 influential girls in well being IT and one of the vital most sensible 25 “Doers, Dreamers and Drivers” via the Magazine of Executive Generation, as an innovator within the public sector.
Because the Director for Medicaid’s Information and Programs Team, Jessica oversaw roughly $five billion in annual federal spending for state Medicaid IT and information initiatives. Thru her management of the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, over 202,000 suppliers won $12 billion+ in incentive bills to undertake, enforce, improve and meaningfully use federally-certified EHR programs, as of July 2017. Just lately, the United States Public Well being Commissioned Corps commemorated Jessica as the primary speaker in a brand new sequence targeted at the 400+ girls within the Corps by which she shared pointers and classes realized as a feminine healthcare govt.
Vice Admiral Raquel C. Bono
Since her appointment to steer the Protection Well being Company (DHA), Vice Admiral Raquel C. Bono has spearheaded a variety of strategic well being knowledge era projects for the Army Well being Device (MHS), projects which can be making sure the readiness of one.four million army forces international.
Those efforts additionally
- make stronger the standard and protection of healthcare supply to MHS’s nine.four million beneficiaries;
- build up the power of sufferers to regulate their very own healthcare; and
- create a complete well being IT infrastructure that gives a protected, protected, and dependable spine for each army and personal sector healthcare supply world wide.
Vice Admiral Bono could also be singularly accountable for a variety of enterprise-shared services and products, considered one of which is well being IT, delivered around the:
- Military, Army, and Air Power;
- Geographic Combatant Instructions (Europe, Center East, Africa, Pacific Area, South and Latin The united states, and the North American area); in addition to
- particular practical instructions main nuclear forces, particular operations, transportation and cybersecurity.
- Right through her tenure as U.S. Pacific Command Surgeon, she implemented United Nationwide Safety Council Solution 1325 and the US’ world management in advancing the Girls, Peace, and Safety initiative throughout related command engagements. This process showcased the original and type position the U.S. army performs in raising the standing of girls and women international, and particularly in struggle spaces.
We invite you to enroll in us on March 7 at HIMSS18 for our Girls’s Reception to honor Ann O’Brien, Raquel Bono, Jessica Kahn and Judy Murphy.